SHARE

A McDonalds customer made a horrifying discovery when tucking into a Cheeseburger in a one of the companies Liverpool restaurants.

Tomas Bath, from Liverpool, claimed to have found a “glove” in his meal after his mum and dad brought him a takeaway.

The 20 year old student, who reads law, was studying for his end-of-year exams and says he asked his parents to pick up the meal on their way home from a day out “as a treat”.

But after Tomas took a bite, he was mortified to find it contained a huge piece of blue rubber, which he later realised was part of a glove used by kitchen staff at the restaurant.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Tomas explained:

“I’d been revising for my end of year exams and my parents had been out for the day, so I asked them if they’d get me a McDonald’s on their way home.

“After I took a bite I took the top off the bun because I wanted to take the gherkins out and I saw the piece of glove. At first I thought it was lettuce but then we realised it looked plastic.”

Tomas said he returned the burger to the branch, where restaurant managers identified the piece of rubber as one of the gloves used by staff to handle food.

He has vowed never to visit the restaurant again and said the disgusting find left him “feeling ill.”

The glove found in the Cheeseburger

“Food quality and safety are of the utmost importance to us.

“We place great emphasis on quality control and follow rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections.

“As soon as this was brought to our attention, we apologised to the customer and launched an investigation.

“We did inspect all gloves used for food preparation at the restaurant and found none to be defective.

“We are continuing with our investigations and will be in touch with the customer once this is complete.”

SHARE