SHARE

Neymar has stormed out of Barcelona’s training ground as his proposed world-record move to PSG appears to edge closer.

The Brazilian superstar clashed with his team’s new signing Nelson Semedo during a training session in Miami before the pair had to be kept apart by other Barca teammates.

A video obtained by Sportsmail shows Neymar storming off the pitch and throwing his bib down after the confrontation.

This kind of news will not look good as the shadow of the links between Barcelona’s Neymar and a world-record move to French giants PSG, and this kind of walkout now looks to make that move even more likely, especially given that, according to the Guardian, Barcelona president says he is powerless to stop Neymar leaving for PSG.

In a move that at one time seemed to be nothing but mere fantasy signing, PSG now remain confident that they can tempt the 25-year-old superstar to the French capital after holding talks with Barcelona officials last week regarding the structure of the €222m (£196m) fee.

In an interview with the New York Times published on Thursday, Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu admitted that he is powerless to stop him.

“Neymar is one of our best players, and so we don’t want to lose that player,” he said. “We want him to continue with us. He still has four years of his contract, so there is nothing else to say.

“You know that players decide if they want to leave, they can decide. But as far as Barcelona, we want him, and we need him. Because if we want to win, we need the best players possible.”

Speculation is growing that the deal will be finalised in the next week, as it came out that Neymar will not accompany the rest of the Barça squad on their flight back from the United States after Saturday’s friendly against Real Madrid and will instead head to China to fulfil commercial commitments.

And this video will not help situations, it appears that the pieces are possibly falling into place.

SHARE